What are Cookies?
A cookie is a harmless text file that can be stored in your browser when you visit webpages. These tools play a key role in the provision of many services from the society of information. Among others services, they make it possible for a webpage to store and recover information about the navigation habits of a user or his/her electronic device and, depending on the information obtained, they can be used to recognise the user and improve the service provided.
Types of Cookies
Depending on the entity managing the domain from which the cookies are sent and the data processing, two types of cookie can be distinguished:
- First-party cookies: Those sent to the user’s electronic device from equipment or a domain managed by the website editor from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: Those sent to the user’s electronic device from equipment or a domain that is not managed by the website editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
In cases where the cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the editor, but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered first-party cookies.
There is also another classification based on the period of time during which cookies remain stored in the client’s browser, which can be the following:
- Session cookies: Those designed to collect and store data while the user browses through a website. These are normally used to store information which is only kept for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (e.g. a list of products bought).
- Persistent cookies: Data continue in storage in the computer terminal and can be accessed and processed for a time period defined by the cookie owner, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Finally, there is another classification involving six types of cookies according to the purpose for which the data obtained is used:
- Technical cookies: Cookies that allow the user to browse the website, platform or application and use the different options or services that it provides, such as data traffic and communication control, session identification, accessing to restricted access sections, saving elements that make up an order, undertaking an order process, processing sign up requests or event participation, use of security elements during browsing, storage of contents for broadcast of videos or audio, or sharing content via social networks.
- Personalisation cookies: Permit the user to access the service with some general predefined features in terms of a series of criteria on the user’s terminal, such as language, type of browser used to access the service, regional settings for the location from where the user accesses the service, etc.
- Analytical cookies: Allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookie is used to measure the activity of the websites, the application or the platform and to create browsing profiles of the users of the said sites, applications and platforms, with the object of making improvements based on the analysis of the usage data of the users of the service.
- Advertising cookies: Allow the most efficient management possible of advertising spaces.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: These store the user’s behavioural data, obtained by continually observing his/her browsing habits, to enable the development of a specific profile so that advertising can be displayed accordingly.
How to Disable and Eliminate Cookies
You can allow, restrict, block or delete cookies installed in your electronic device by using the settings of your browser. If you disable cookies, some services may no longer be operational. Settings are different in every browser, but configuration of cookies can usually be modified, through “Options” or “Tools”. The “Help” function on the browser menu can also be used for further instructions. On this website, the user can always choose what cookies he/she wants to install.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge
- Mozilla Firefox
You can also manage cookie storage in your browser by means of tools such as the following:
Cookies Used by agonzat.com
The cookies used on this website are listed below, with their type and function:
- Google Analytics
- Accept cookies: This warning will no longer be viewed when accessing any page in the website during a session in process.
- Close: The notification is concealed on the page.